10 Things You Don't Know About Me..
10 Things You Don’t Know About Me…
By Chrissy S. McCormack - Client Relationship Manager
I refuse to say that Summer is coming to an end, because if it were, that would mean that everything I enjoy doing is about to end. I either have to move to someplace warm or find some Winter hobbies other than ice fishing. So I decided to let you in on who I really am. Please enjoy these 10 things you may or may not have known about me, the voice behind your calls:
- I am 44 years old and have been with my husband, Dan since I was 15 years old.
- I have one son, Aidan who is 11 and the light of my life.
- My parents thought I was going to be a boy and they were going to name me Christopher, but “surprise”, I was a girl, they named me Christine and my father (who loves to hunt, fish and build) said “well we will just have to raise her like a son”. And so they did.
- Fishing and boating are my two favorite past times.
- I am on a boat every day of my life and in the ocean, but I don’t know how to swim.
- My father was the model for the original talking GI Joe doll. He is now known throughout the South Shore as GI Barry.
- I was once in a Coca Cola commercial back in the day – I drink way too much Coke and apparently my mom thought this could help pay for college at least. Well that certainly didn’t happen. It only aired once.
- I don’t like to leave the South Shore. I really only travel between the Hingham Rotary and the Scituate Rotary. It’s so bad that friends says if I go past one, it will bounce me right back to Cohasset like a boomerang.
- In the Summertime, we are on a little island in Cohasset harbor known as Bassings Beach – named after all the Striped Bass you could catch there back in the day as well as now. We camp out there every Summer or stay in a little cottage there with no electricity and hot water. We literally live off the island. Digging steamed clams, fishing for Ssripers, lobsters from our trap. Now if only I could find a way for the island to produce Bud Light, I would never have to leave.
- I can filet like the best of them – being an offspring of local fisherman and lobsterman, I was taught well.